Monday, March 22, 2010

cisneros poem #1

(a tiny bit of)Life

The Perks of Being A Wallflower
is carefully perched
open on my desk
with the spine in the air
and half the book
leaning on either side
like a very small
teepee

Karen O is singing about
worried shoes
and my shoeless foot
is tapping
to the beat of her
sad sounding song

My old and worn
shoes are sitting
on the floor
open wide
expectant and welcoming
like two mouths
happy and in the middle
of a laugh
not looking the least bit
worried

The window is open
revealing sunshine
and letting the spring breeze
blow through
like the first glimpse of
hope after a long period
of despair
or at least snow and ice

Right now, I know exactly what
Charlie meant when he said
“I feel infinite”
like no matter what
this moment is here
and it is small
and it is simple
but it is happy

No comments:

Post a Comment