Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4400 Deer View Road, Downstairs, To the Right

It wasn't exactly supposed to be a bedroom
I mean, it was probably intended to be more like
a small toyroom
a storage room
or a sitting room.
That's not to say I was mistreated
although I never understood why my twin sister
demanding her own room
meant me moving
down the hall
into the smaller room.
But after a while, I was glad I got the room
It had one big picture window
that looked out onto the yard.
Of course, the window did start at ground level
so the only thing I saw was the dirt underneath
the deck.
It had just enough room to squeeze in
one trundle bed
one bureau
and one nightstand.
It went through a lot of themes
jungle first
complete with a potted palm tree
and neon green, high-gloss walls.
Then dragons
I am not sure why that ever happened
it was a boy's bedspread
black dragons with Asian script.
After that was Hawaiian
bright blues and greens
with hibiscus flowers.
And then we moved

I miss that room.
I spent most of my formative years there
Well, junior high anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment