Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lines written in late spring, after you played me my favorite song on the guitar.

When you smile at me,
oh, I can’t bear it. I have to smile back
even if I am trying to play it cool.

Maybe it is cliché to talk about your smile.
or the fact that I can’t seem to pay attention
to anyone else
if you’re around.

But maybe the reason so many of these
thoughts I keep thinking are cliché
is not just because my thoughts
are trite and overused,
(however trite and overused they may be).

Maybe my thoughts are cliché
because there have been so many people
all around this world
who have felt this way about someone.
and there are only so many ways to describe that
butterflies in your stomach
walking on air
can’t seem to talk without
randomly having to say your name
feeling.

I just wish you didn’t have a girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment